Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ann and Judy dyeing Easter Eggs


Judy and Ann dyeing Easter eggs.  This activity usually brought about some serious knock-down-and drag-out fights when all of us were at home.  At issue was who got the best transfers.  After they were dyed, we used them for days and days to play hide-and-find, some of them never being found until the sulfur in them ultimately blew up, thus revealing their presence.  We especially liked hiding them around the haystack.  But after Louise and I left, Judy and Ann look relatively peaceful here.

4 comments:

Ann said...

And do you notice the way I am sitting patiently with my little hands in my lap? I suspect we had just been told by Mother to be nice. With probably one egg holder for the dye, it was a rather lengthy process. We even dyed the eggs after church, in our Sunday clothes. When I first looked at this picture I was just a little disoriented and then I realized that somehow the picture is printed backwards - or is it the scanning that does that trick. Or am I going crazy (be nice).

Judy said...

Egg dyeing is serious business! Dwight, you are right. We hid the eggs, then found what we could, only to hid them again and again. By then they were well cracked, but we ate them all anyway. I have no recollection of this picture and am delighted to see it now. See how respectful Ann is?

Ann said...

I remember the dress - red and white stripes, like a candy cane. We do look quite serious about the whole process. Steve was in on this, too.

Judy said...

Look at the size of those eggs!