Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Note of Thanks

I just want to say "thank you" to Dwight for his insight in getting this "project" going. I know it takes time and energy for him to keep the blog in order, but it has been so worth it. And besides, we are all so easy to work with! There are still treasures to be shared and stories to be told. And it is relieving a huge amount of guilt from me because now I can share what treasures I do have. One thing that has become very clear to me is the necessity to go through our own personal pictures and label them, i.e. name the people who are in the pictures/where they were taken, or anything else that will help someone 75 - 100 years down the road identify the mysterious ancestor in the no-name picture. I am certain that the no-name pictures I have posted today on Penrose Mornings are important, as far as our family history is concerned, but I suspect we will never know who they are unless -------. I think we have all felt a neat connection to our ancestors and to each other as we have shared stories and histories back and forth. It will be even better when Steve and Louise join in because I know they have alot to share, as well.

1 comment:

Judy said...

My sentiments exactly! Well said, Ann. Every family needs a good leader.