Monday, May 19, 2008

Letter from Grandma Wasden

I loved this letter - written in 1960, Grandma is still worried about Mother staying out of mischief. Once a parent, always a parent. I have several letters that Grandma wrote to Mother and Dad, as well as letters that went back and forth between Mother in Laramie, while she was finishing her degree, and the rest of us in Penrose. If you are interested in copies of any of these, please let me know, and I will make copies and mail them to you, one day.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am only sorry that I don't have the letters Grandma wrote to me while I was in college my freshman and sophomore year. She was most faithful, but kept track of how long it took me to respond. I found out at Christmas time that she made a mark on the calendar, waited the same amount of time, and then answered my letter. Still trying to teach us.

Judy said...

How many times in your life have you heard the famous phrase: "It will help to keep you out of mischief"? Let's think about our mother. Would her mother really think there would ever be mischief afoot? Loved the letter, even short, it says alot.