Tuesday, June 10, 2008



Which of us never played with this steel rule, making it bounce up and down, or unfolding it to see how far it reached? I, for one, was fascinated with it. The shop had a special feel for me because it was the very essence of Dad. I used to like to arrange - or rearrange - things on the bench in the back room of the shop. thinking I was being helpful. I'm not sure if I put things where Dad would have wanted them, but he never said anything. The tool on the right was Grandpa Wasden's.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Tools of the trade were our childish toys. They were more interesting than household stuff and kept us very occupied when checking out the shop.

Ann said...

The ruler was one of my favorite things to play with in the shop. Do you recognize what the tools are sitting on? That is the tablecloth that was in Mother's cedar chest.