Thursday, April 12, 2012

Venetian Tiles - A Quilt for Bethany



I finished Bethany's quilt top (graduation gift) - just have the back to make, and get it quilted, labeled, and bound, and I'm through. I am sure I can finish this one by June. This pattern looks very complicated, but is really easy, using a technique and ruler called the X Block. It is made by cutting three strips of the light batik, and sewing them together, and three strips of the bright colors (Kafe Fassett fabrics, in case you wondered), and sewing them together. Then, using the special rulers, you cut and sew everything back together. I truly marvel at the creativity of quilters as they create new patterns, techniques, and tools for the rest of us to putter around with. This quilt will probably remain one of my favorites. The graphic aspects just reach out and grab you when you stand in front of it!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really meant to post this on my Crystal Prisms blog, but you snooze, you loose. Rather than do it over again, I'll give you this one to look at. Oh, well!

Ann said...

Pretty results. I'm glad you posted it here so I can quit feeling bad about Buford.

Dwight said...

Beautiful artistry. You must have found a few minutes between computer games and blogs. Really quite incredible.

Judy said...

So, just tell us how easy these itty, bitty pieces were to make this quilt. Lucky Bethany.

Kursus Batik Di Yogyakarta said...

Ternyata batik Indonesia semakin men Dunia.... semoga UKM Batik di Indonesia tetap bisa bertahan di tengah2 genjarnya produk batik dari Luar Negeri...
Salam Budaya
Pelatihan Batik Yogyakarta