Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Memories of a Very Good Family Day


I am doing the mammoth job of sorting through boxes of pictures that have never been put into an album (old way), or scanned and put on a disk or hard drive.  I came across the batch of pictures that I printed off from some prints that Dwight sent to me - I think that Jim took them.  Of course, they are only on regular paper, and the quality is terrible.  (Don't even try to enlarge these.  I couldn't alter them enough to make them acceptable.)  However, I am showing these two, because they are representative of the wonderful pictures that were taken on this day to honor Dwight.  (By the way, who was standing up on the table to help hold the memory quilt up high?)  Anyway, just for the record, my files are vey absent as far as good pictures from this day.  Louise has already offered me a copy of some of hers - anyone else?  I think that I took some, but my old camera didn't allow light in the right places, and they were pretty much duds.  What a good day this was for our family.   We were missing Steve, but for those who came to Orem and were a part of this, we won't forget about Dwight's retirement and our honoring him.  (The quilt was special to Louise, Cheryl, and myself.  Louise planned it, I found the pattern and altered it, we all sewed, and then quilted it at my house in Preston.  What a fun summer.)

1 comment:

Judy said...

This was a fantastic quilt. The fact that you gathered sentiments from all of the families was no small task. Yes, it was a very good day and I think I have a few photos taken then....