Friday, July 26, 2013

Listening to Past Good Times

Thank you, Ann.  When Ann sent us the CDs of so many family treasures, including recordings of past family get-togethers at Mother and Daddy's home on 93rd, I decided to put the recordings of family conversations on my ipod.  I had forgotten about them, but had the play-back on random this morning, and came across the riotous conversation that took place after we had our family pictures taken on August 1, 1980.  We were evidently doing dishes, because the constant clink of the tableware is in the background.  What a joy to listen to the banter and laughter that took place at such a serious time.  What a wonderful memory to re-live.  If you haven't listened to yours for a while, find it and enjoy!  Onward and upward.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always been intrigued with the immensity that Lake Bonneville must have been. I would get my 4th graders to try to picture it. I like your picture, I don't believe I had known about the monument. thank you for in informative little tid-bit. great idea.

Ann said...

I am so glad that project was worthwhile. When you stop and think about how old the original tapes were, the transfer to CD's came off amazingly well.
And in answer to your question about racket ball as was being thoroughly discussed by Bob P. and Paul on one of those tapes, no - Paul and Bob never did play racket ball together.

Judy said...

Elizabeth, are you saying don't wish for more, but use what you've got.......good reminder.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, I goofed. Louise's comment was supposed to go on my Crystal Prisms blog, but I must have touched the wrong key. I copied it and put it at the end of my post, Louise, so you'll know it is in two places. How about that? I am not an administrator on this blog, so I'm not sure I can eliminate this one. Oh, well.